Thursday, April 7, 2011

#126

"LITTLE ADOBE CHURCH, MACHO, NM

8"X10"

#126


On a day trip to Pecos last year, we happened upon this adorable little adobe church out in the middle of nowhere. There was a sign saying something about "Macho" and we looked it up and it's actually a little village - and I mean little! The church has no electricity. It's small and beautiful and they use lanterns inside for their light source. I'm thinking they don't have mass there very often - we couldn't even find it on the list of Catholic churches in NM.

There is a cute little cemetary right next door - very small, so I think it's probably just a couple of families who live in the area. I came home and told my husband that I had found the perfect little town for him - "macho!"

No comments:

Post a Comment