Tuesday, May 17, 2011

#42

"RED CHILE, VELARDE"

8"X10"

#42


True story - last year we took a little trip up to Taos. We stopped by this wonderful fruit and veggie stand in Velarde and ended up talking to the couple who lived on the property behind and ran the stand. We bought homegrown dried apricots, pears, apples, fresh homemade honey, and probably a few other things I can't remember.

Anyway, we stayed a couple of days in Taos and came back by the fruit stand. As we pulled up, we couldn't even see the stand for all of the red chile ristras. They were everywhere. I snapped a bunch of photos and this is the painting from one of them. I can imagine being back there right and smelling all of that fresh chile. I think my son ended up buying a gift basket of pistachios roasted with red and green child. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment